Fall 2020 Merchandising Internship
Interns are assigned to the Merchandising department in one of the following business categories: category team, pricing, planogramming, global sourcing or merchandising analytics.
Areas of Placement
The goal of a Merchandising intern is to gain insight into how a merchandise strategy is built. The Merchandising intern will develop a skillset that allows for accurate execution and optimization of available systems to ensure that we have the best merchandise at the right price to meet our customers’ needs.
· Leverage corporate and ad-hoc reporting to review and react to store inventory concerns, trends, and opportunities
· Utilize analytical skills to make data driven decisions to correctly manage and allocate inventory
· Provide critical input into determining how to most effectively utilize our inventory to support merchandise plans, advertising, regional, and competitive initiatives
· Maintain proper inventory levels by store location to support sales, margin and turn goals
· Understand the role of Supply Chain to balance and adjust levels of inventory flow to stores
· Discuss the business by utilizing various reporting tools to gain and interpret data
· Participate in internal meetings with other merchandising teams and vendor meetings by sharing information and opinions as appropriate
· Assist the category managers in the in-depth development of merchandise assortments by category
· Research economic, financial, market, competitive and industry data to explain current business trends and anticipate new trends or big ideas