Procurement Manager - Canada
Location: Canada, Miami
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
Work in a team environment as a key resource for the business to manage current and develop new supply sources for direct categories in the Retail vertical (food, beverages, health & beauty aids, convenience items) to improve cost competitiveness, increase availability based on business needs, ensure safe and sustainable supply and be the conduit between the company and our GPO, distribution and supplier partners.
Key impact of this role is to understand and enforce the product specific requirements and offer technical support to our GPO, distribution and supplier partners to ensure conformance and good expectation management.
General and Task Management
• Establishes and enforces processes and standards; ensures negotiated terms & conditions being consistent with company’s vision, values and immediate needs; including goals, standards and ethics, while delivering best overall value to the company and operating locations.
• Delivers on procurement team’s formal financial commitments, thus realizing cost savings and profit & loss impact.
• Interfaces with business teams to prioritize distribution and supplier development needs to improve availability and cost competitiveness while eliminating supply constraints.
• Drives distribution, and supplier selection through robust RFP and qualification processes, as well as following company’s diversity supplier policy guidelines.
• Assesses new and existing distributor and supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment ensuring distributors and suppliers can meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery.
• Based on screening, prioritize preferred distributors and suppliers.
• Ensures assigned category strategies are based on market knowledge and research.
• Ensures operating locations minimize overall costs by maximizing supplier program incentives and resources, including distributor efficiency measures.
• Ensures the maximization and management of the collection, deposit and allocation of all supplier program allowances, rebates, earned income and incentives generated by contracts & programs.
• Drives improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, distributor/supplier scorecards and own distributor/supplier audit, ensuring distributor/supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value.
• Tracks the distributor/supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations.
• Develops and ensures implementation of systems to maximize distribution program compliance and administer the contracted programs providing a consistent level of service and end user satisfaction.
• Develops positive relationships and work closely with business leaders to manage, implement and track new distribution/supplier needs as well as New Business Launches and expansions.
• Provides technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of distributors and suppliers with respect to direct categories primarily in the Retail/Convenience vertical (food, beverages, disposables and smallwares).
• Provides leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with GPOs, distributors, suppliers and the supply chain regarding new menu development, product innovation, food safety recalls, or product selection optimization.
• Assists with new business and concept launches by working with GPOs, distributors and suppliers to ensure that key milestones are achieved.
• Develops, evaluates, and prioritizes ideas on new ways to grow the business through partnerships and cooperative deals that drive sustainable profit & revenue growth.
• Might lead procurement & category management associates to translate category management principles into action through strong data analytics and industry business & category insights, while holding them accountable to align and leverage key programs and product requirements across categories of responsibility.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
• Engages with leadership in the field, engages with team associates to drive results while building long-term capabilities.
• Stakeholder management and alignment.
• Communicates efficiently throughout procurement and directly with customer’s / supplier’s management
• Develops, deepens, and maintains trusted and collaborative relationships with business partners.
Key performance objectives:
● Total Cost Savings
● Food Cost % of Revenue
● % Spend Under Contract
● % Compliance to Approved Distribution
● % Spend Diversity Supplier Program
● Supplier Contract/Quality Performance
What We Want From You:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
• At least 5 years of procurement experience with food & beverage contract and category management experience.
• Expertise in running sourcing initiatives such as RFx and vendor selection processes, as well as supplier quality and performance accountability scorecards.
• Proven financial acumen with consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proven negotiation skills with experience negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements.
• Proven ability to manage competing agendas and priorities while translating complex information across internal and external stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in business administration or similar.
• Current or prior foodservice and/or hospitality industry experience preferred.
• Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification.
• Certified Associate Program Management - Certification PMI or equivalent supplier quality management certificate.
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.