POSITION GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Business Analyst translates business and system needs into requirements for Designers, developers and Testers to consume and uses requirements elicitation, analysis, specification verification techniques for the purpose. The Business Analyst may work on multiple requests simultaneously, for more than one user department. The Business Analyst is engaged in work efforts at various scales ranging from minor defects fixes and enhancements to assistance with development of new applications. They are also involved in various types of solution approaches (custom development, page implementation, etc.) and solution domains (business applications, data warehouses, web services, infrastructure, etc.). The Business Analyst will demonstrate a knowledge of the software development lifecycle and AGILE methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Education, or Information Systems ; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Industry certifications in business analysis, software systems, network or project management disciplines, preferred
- CBAP® (Certified Business Analysis Professional) Certification, preferred
- Three years’ experience as a business analyst or similar system/business support role and/or Five years’ experience with internal systems, such as VSA Suite and LMS, plus 3 or more years’ experience teaching or managing teachers
- One year experience and proficiency with knowledgebase, defect tracking, and requirements related software systems (such as ServiceNow, IBM Rational RequisitePro, JIRA, etc.)
- Three years’ experience and proficient with core software applications, including Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Some experience with design and implementation of technical environments using various technologies and languages.
- Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Educational technology, financial systems including a firm understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, and human resource information systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Three years’ experience in SDLC methodologies, (such as AGILE), preferred