The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) is seeking a Senior Engineering Leader to join our team. EPRI conducts research, development, and demonstration projects for the benefit of the public in the United States and internationally. As an independent, nonprofit organization for public interest energy and environmental research, we focus on electricity generation, delivery, and use in collaboration with the electricity sector, its stakeholders, and others to enhance the quality of life by making electric power safe, reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible.
This position will support EPRI's electromagnetic threats program, which focuses on high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) and intentional electromagnetic interference (IEMI) impacts and mitigation for critical electrical infrastructure.
This incumbent will be tasked with the following but not limited to:
- Planning, designing, and controlling the progress of complex project work within the technical department to meet member/client objectives; prepares and presents research reports.
- Managing small to medium level projects without direct people management responsibilities.
- Assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives or problems where the relationships between cause and effect are difficult to establish and little or no precedence exists, and the use of creative imaginative thinking is required.
- Influencing project teams in the engineering aspects of the technical work.
- Providing input into configuration management and documentation for engineer related projects.
- Leading proposal efforts and new promotional work.
- Maintaining familiarity with the progress and problems in assigned technical areas.
- Preparing proposals, technical publications, and delivers presentations.
- Leading national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, academia, and research organizations.
- Works independently on technical activities without direct supervision
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8-10 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience.
- Strong theoretical background in electromagnetics and/or electromagnetic compatibility engineering or testing.
- Experience with HEMP or IEMI is a huge plus.
- Ability to recognize strategic issues and build collaborative projects.
- Required limited supervision and guidance
- Responsible for the success of individual projects
- Works closely with members, contractors, staff to manage projects
- Experience in successful proposal preparation, and marketing activities.
- Manages multiple projects
- Responsible for project budgets, schedules, deliverables, and technology transfer
- Shows maturity of technical expertise and assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Individual contributor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Increasing technical depth/breadth to become a subject matter expert
- Only U.S. citizens will be considered for this position.