GovExec.com/Government Executive is seeking a part-time Editorial Intern to join our team of journalists who cover the business of the federal government and its departments & agencies. In this role, you will be a critical player in reporting, writing, and promoting stories for our Pay & Benefits column and beat. As the Editorial Intern, you will report directly to the Executive Editor.
This is a part-time (15 hours per week), paid internship that will run for eight weeks from the beginning of October through early December 2022. This is a remote opportunity and GovExec will provide a laptop for the duration of the internship.
- Pitch, report and write stories for our weekly column, Pay & Benefits Watch
- Pitch, report and write evergreen stories for the pay & benefits beat
- Help develop a strategy for social engagement around our pay & benefits content
- Contribute to our daily news podcast, as needed
- Assist with newsletter production, as needed
- Assist with photo research, as needed
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program
- Newswriting and reporting skills
- Familiarity with AP Style and journalism ethics
- An interest in federal government operations or personal finance is a plus
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.)
About GovExec.com/Government Executive
GovExec.com/Government Executive is government's business news daily and the premier digital destination for senior leaders in the federal government's departments and agencies. Our readers are the high-ranking civilian and military officials who are responsible for defending the nation and carrying out the laws that define the government's role in our economy and society.
Government Executive started as a print magazine in 1969 and has been a digital publication since 1996.
Our essential editorial mission is to cover the business of the federal government and its huge departments and agencies -- dozens of which dwarf the largest institutions in the private sector.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. We offer permanent remote work in 20+ states across the U.S., as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington, D.C., New York City or San Diego.
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.