Digital Marketing Intern
GovExec is seeking a Digital Marketing Intern to join our team. The Digital Marketing team is leading the charge on promoting editorial programming through email marketing, curating website ad spots, and developing campaigns to market sponsored products. In this role, you will be a critical player in helping the team exceed program expectations and larger strategic project goals. As the Digital Marketing Intern, you will report directly to the Digital Marketing Manager.
This is a part time (15 hours per week), paid internship that will run for eight weeks from the beginning of October through early December 2022. This is a remote opportunity and GovExec will provide a laptop for the duration of the internship.
- Assist in fulfilling marketing campaigns to increase sponsor brand awareness
- Liaise with program managers and sponsors for email campaigns.
- Track email marketing campaigns and report statistics & trends.
- Employ email best practices for send times, subject lines, list segmentation, format and deliverability. Analyze open rates and click-through rates to shape email strategy.
- Assist with copywriting and editing for emails and editorial products as needed.
- Collaborate internally accross GovExec and externally with clients
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors or associates degree program
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Curiosity to learn new skills and technology
- Organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Microsoft Office
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego.
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law