Administrative Support Assistant
Open & closing dates
- 07/20/2022 to 08/19/2022
- $44,740 - $58,158 per year
- Additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee's residence or work location.
Pay scale & grade
- GS 7
- MANY vacancies in the following location:
- Anywhere in the U.S. (remote job)
- Not applicable, this is a remote position.
- Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Temporary - This is a time limited temporary appointment which may be extended up to seven years.
- Full-time - The selectee will be placed on a Intermittent Schedule when not responding to a Disaster
As a Administrative Support Assistant at the GS-0303-7, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Planning, coordination, and execution of administrative functions, resource allocation, and/or production.
- Perform administrative functions supporting the deployment of staff to various disaster sites to assist disaster survivors.
- Implement policies and procedures on the acquisition of supplies and services.
- Monitor the accountable property function as required.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer applications/programs to complete assignments.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and twelve to fourteen hours a day).
Conditions of Employment
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).Credit Score must be at least 500.U.S. citizenship is required.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.GS-07: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-06 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience in at least (1) of the following administrative areas: Travel, Payroll, Procurement, Accountable Property, Records management, Mailroom/Supply Management, and/or Facilities;
- Using Microsoft Office software and using other automated systems designed to accomplish and manage the work in an administrative services department, such as accountable property, facilities, records management, physical security, etc; AND
- Communicates courteously through verbal and written communications such as email, memos, etc.
GS-07: There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
Qualification Standards: Miscellaneous Clerk and Assistant Series 0303 (opm.gov)
If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only.
Agency contact information
Office of Capital Access
409 3rd Street SW
Washington, DC 20416