Content Creation & Research Intern (Remote or Hybrid, Summer 2023)
Transamerica Institute® is a nonprofit, private foundation dedicated to identifying, researching, and educating the public about retirement security and the intersections of health and financial well-being. It is the parent organization of Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies® (TCRS), which conducts one of the largest and longest-running annual retirement surveys of its kind. Transamerica Institute engages the public through in-depth surveys, analysis and reporting of research findings, a comprehensive website, and traditional and social media. Its website includes information on health, personal finance, and retirement security resources, including health care guides, cookbook series, podcast, and academic collaborations on workplace wellness and age-friendly employers.
Transamerica Institute is funded by contributions from Transamerica Life Insurance Company and its affiliates.
The Content Creation and Research Intern will support Transamerica Institute and its Center for Retirement Studies in their research and outreach on health, personal finance, and retirement security resources, including health care guides, cookbook series, podcast, and academic collaborations on workplace wellness and age-friendly employers. This person will assist a small team with the report creation and publication of research findings, creating and uploading website content, developing and scheduling social media content.
- Assist with creation of research reports and communications pieces utilizing PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Canva. Materials include comprehensive reports with extensive charts and graphs, white papers, consumer guides, fact sheets, infographics, and shareable images, which are for publication to external audiences and can be found on www.transamericacenter.org and www.transamericainstitute.org.
- Assist with Twitter (@TI_insights and @TCRStudies), Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts by creating shareable graphics, drafting and publishing content, and monitoring traditional and social media to share.
- Assist with content creation (web copy, image selection, SEO optimization) and utilize Content Management System (CMS) to maintain and modernize websites.
- Participate in ideation for ClearPath – Your Roadmap to Health & WealthSM podcast episodes, research supporting facts, and assist in script writing and editing, as well as podcast rehearsals.
- Conduct secondary research on current trends and topics related to the Institute’s mission by identifying and reviewing publications from academia, think tanks, governments, and other nonprofit organizations.
- Assist with questionnaire development and testing, as well as analyzing data based on surveys of those in and out of the workforce, retirees, and employers.
- Work with public relations team to extend the reach of the content.
- Take an active role in creating an environment of innovation, collaboration, transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Currently pursuing a degree in the gerontology, marketing, PR, communications, English, public policy, or a related field. Candidates must not graduate prior to completion of internship.
- Knowledge or interest in areas of public health, health promotion, finances, financial literacy, healthy aging, retirement security, gerontology, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong writing, editing, and research skills.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills.
- Strong written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute social media campaigns, curate content, and implement calendars utilizing scheduling tools.
- Experience creating graphic content such as infographics and shareables preferred.
- Skills utilizing website CMS, and email marketing tools a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as well as take direction, and collaborate in a remote environment.
- Must be able to work on a full-time basis during the 12 week internship (mid-May – mid-August)
Rewards & Compensation:
In addition to gaining exposure to the financial services and insurance industry, students gain access to intern exclusive events and networking opportunities throughout the summer while receiving a competitive compensation.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The salary for this position is $20 per hour. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
- Candidates can work 100% remote or hybrid out of Denver, CO or Cedar Rapids, IA. High-speed internet required.
- Company-provided laptop and monitor.